The Long Beach Department of Public Works’ annual Holiday Tree Recycling Program, also known as “Treecycling,” will be offered this year beginning on Dec. 26.
Treecycling gives Long Beach residents the chance to dispose of their live holiday trees for free at any of 12 drop-off locations provided throughout the city from Dec. 26 to Jan. 7, 2023. The proper disposal of trees through Treecycling helps prevent fire hazards and blight by reducing illegally dumped trees in alleys and public right-of-ways.
Long Beach collects between 10,000 and 15,000 trees annually, according to a statement from the City.
All 12 holiday tree drop-off locations will operate weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The full list of drop-off locations is as follows:
- Houghton Park, Myrtle Avenue at Harding Street
- Long Beach Police Department North Patrol Division, 4891 N. Atlantic Ave., at Del Amo Boulevard (enter on 49th Street)
- Veterans Park, 28th Street at Pine Avenue
- Wardlow Park, Monlaco Road at Rutgers Avenue
- El Dorado Park West, 2760 N. Studebaker Rd., south parking lot behind Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine Administration Office
- Hudson Park, Hill Street at Webster Avenue
- Long Beach Environmental Services Bureau Offices, 2929 E. Willow St.
- Stearns Champions Park, 23rd Street at Roycroft Avenue
- Orizaba Park, Orizaba Avenue at 14th Street
- Cesar E. Chavez Park, Golden Shore Street at 4th Street
- Bixby Park, 1st Street at Cherry Avenue
- Long Beach Fire Department Station 14, 5200 E. Eliot St.
When trees are dropped off, all decorations and stands must be removed and all trees over 12 feet tall should be cut in half. Additionally, artificial trees or trees from businesses will not be accepted at any locations.
Residents who have City-serviced refuse collection that are unable to drop off their holiday tree may participate in the citywide Treecycling pick-up day on Jan. 7. Refuse customers are instructed to place their tree where recycling is normally collected by 7 a.m. on the collection day for proper disposal.