Tame your anxiety! A High-Performing Women Master Class - Long Beach
In this 1-hour class, you will understand the processes that happen in the brain that trigger anxiety and learn techniques to manage them.
In my many years working with high-performing women, I’ve noticed limiting patterns affecting performance and overall wellness. Some include a lack of self-confidence (e.g., impostor syndrome), putting other people’s needs first, high levels of stress/anxiety, and people-pleasing.
Some of these limitations are rooted in the context in which we live. For example, women are constantly expected to meet society’s conflicting demands: practice self-care, spend quality time with family and friends, and be good caregivers. In other words, be extraordinary! How can they feel good enough in an environment demanding more and more from them?
In this 1-hour master class, we will explore why anxiety emerges and the tools to tame it effectively. Not managing anxiety can significantly impact a person’s daily life, relationships, and work. It may lead to emotional distress, impaired work or academic performance, social isolation, and unhealthy habits (among others.)
Are you experiencing high levels of anxiety? Let’s find out! Below, you’ll find some of the most common symptoms:
- Excessive worry.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Muscle tension.
- Physical symptoms (sweating, trembling, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, and upset stomach)
- Avoidance behaviors.
- Panic attacks
- Understand the processes that happen in the brain that trigger anxiety.
- Learn techniques to manage anxiety (such as meditation, conscious breathing, muscular relaxation, and cognitive restructuring.)
- Distinguish the types of anxiety and learn the best tools to tame them.
Before the event, you will receive a Zoom invitation.
(Monday) 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Long Beach, Long Beach, CA 90808