Summer Solstice Architectural Bike Ride
2.0 AIA LU Description: Embark on a fascinating journey of discovery through Long Beach’s rich architectural history with our “Great Homes of
Embark on a fascinating journey of discovery through Long Beach’s rich architectural history with our “Great Homes of Long Beach Biking Tour.” We’ll take you on a curated exploration of the city’s diverse and innovative housing styles, spanning over a century from the early 1900s to the present day.
From charming historic bungalows, Mid-Century Modern masterpieces, to contemporary housing being built today, we’ll showcase an array of architectural gems that embody Long Beach’s unique character. You’ll get an up-close look at some of the most iconic and striking homes in neighborhoods such as Carroll Park, Bluff Park, Bluff Heights, and Belmont Heights, each with its own distinct charm.
As we explore each home, you’ll learn about the fascinating stories and people behind them, and how their designs reflect the cultural and historical context of their time. Our expert guides will share their knowledge of architectural styles, features, and details, providing insights and perspectives that will enrich your understanding of Long Beach’s built environment. This tour is an ideal experience for anyone who appreciates great architecture, design, and cultural heritage. Don’t miss this opportunity to explore Long Beach’s rich and diverse architectural legacy and be inspired by the creativity and ingenuity of its visionary architects and builders.
- Participants will gain knowledge of Long Beach’s architectural history and evolution spanning over a century.
- Participants will learn to identify and appreciate diverse architectural styles and features found in Long Beach’s neighborhoods.
- Participants will learn how architectural designs reflect the cultural and historical context of their time.
- Participants will learn about the stories and people behind the showcased homes.
- Participants will gain an appreciation of the creativity and ingenuity of visionary architects and builders in Long Beach’s architectural legacy.
Our Summer Solstice event is in honor of the late Jonathan Glasgow, AIA. In addition to initiating and leading this annual tour for the AIA Long Beach / South Bay, Jon was an influential architect and mentor for so many in the Long Beach community.
This event is supported by
(Saturday) 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
296 Redondo Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90803