Queer Plant and Rant: Make Your Own Herbal Tea Garden in Long Beach, LA
Make your own herbal tea garden (to take home) and chat with other folks at a queer-owned coffee shop in Long Beach, Los Angeles.
In this current political climate, there’s a lot for queer folks to be angry about (as usual)!
Come release some steam with folks who get it, as we plant the seeds for our survival and growth.
Choose from a variety of herbs to make your own custom tea garden, suitable for the smallest of spaces, even if you don’t have a yard.
In the first hour, the host (Jessica) will gently guide everyone on gardening basics: choosing a plant, watering, planting, propagating, pruning, and more.
In the second hour, we’ll open up the floor to mingle for the “rant” part of the evening. You’re also welcome to eat, rest, or head on home whenever you’d like.
Each person will get to take home their potted plants, suitable for the kitchen, balcony, yard, or anywhere your herbs can get some sunlight!
No green thumb or experience necessary. Beginners are welcome. Supplies included. All ages.
Accessibility & Notes:
– Children 4 and under attend free (one per paying adult) with adult supervision
– Image descriptions for visually impaired folks
– Accommodations for allergies & food preferences
– Bathrooms on site
– Experience working with folks who are autistic, disabled, hard of hearing, English language learners, etc.
– This workshop is only offered in American English at the moment.
– No refunds
– To respect everyone’s comfort level and preferences, please leave pets at home unless they’re service animals.
I’m a one-person team, so thanks in advance for your patience! Sending you all wishes for health and happiness. <3
Follow along on Instagram @jessbeyondthebody & @woodcoffeeco for the latest updates, giveaways, free tips, and more!
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wood Coffee Co.
2728 E. 10th Street, Long Beach, CA 90804