North Long Beach Crop Swap
Join us for the next Crop Swap in North Long Beach! We gather on the First Saturday of the Month from 10am-11am to share produce from our backyards and gardens. It’s
Join us for the next Crop Swap in North Long Beach!
We gather on the First Saturday of the Month from 10am-11am to share produce from our backyards and gardens. It’s always a surprise what people will be sharing at the Crop Swap including pomegranates, oranges, lemons, limes, basil, rosemary, passion fruits, avocados, eggplants, kale, lettuce, tomatoes, ice cream bananas, figs, chilis, sage and more.
NEW FOR COVID:
Long Beach Health Department asks that everyone:
* Wear a mask
* Observe six-foot distancing from other humans (we will put out extra tables to facilitate spacing.)
* Don’t over-handle the produce, por favor!
More about the Crop Swap…
Neighbors are encouraged to bring extra fresh fruits and vegetables they have grown from their home or garden plot and swap it with other neighbors who have grown food.
Let’s share in the bounty of all of our backyards and garden plots. Because our health begins locally with our home grown fruits and veggies.
1. Bring fruits and/or vegetables, fresh herbs, seeds, worms, flowers and native plants from your garden to the exchange site
2. No cash exchanges, prepared foods or dairy products
3. No pesticides or GMOs please
4. Swap is ongoing from 10am to 11am, we usually start the Swap by 10:15am.
DON’T HAVE A GARDEN?
If you don’t have a garden, you are still welcome to participate in the Crop Swap. Arrive by 9:30 and heIp the farm team harvest.
If you’re interested in learning to grow food or improve your green thumb skills, please connect with us. We teach classes and provide one-on-one support to get you going!
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 10:00 am
Firehouse Community Farm
6509 Gundry Avenue