California Native Plants Workshop
Come learn about California Native Flora with Chrystene and sample homemade food/drink made from native plants!! Interested in learning about California Native
Interested in learning about California Native Flora? Join us at Plantiitas on November 21st to dive into native and non-native plants in our state!
In this workshop we will:
– Talk about common CA native plants that you can find in surrounding wild spaces and understand what LB might have looked like before it was urbanized
– Discuss different plants, what grows well in gardens and yards, and where to purchase native plants
– Share online content creators and resources to learn more about CA native plants
– Show where you can find CA native plants growing locally on a map
-Learn how LB is highly urbanized and how the re-introduction of native plants would be invaluable to our local fauna and our connection to the land
-Dispel the notion that ‘California doesn’t have seasons’ or ‘LA is a desert’; neither of these are true
– See real live examples of CA native plants and pass out seeds so you can start growing your own plants!
– We will be sampling homemade food and drink made from native plants, if you have any food allergies or restrictions please email Chrystene at email@example.com
This workshop is facilitated by Chrystene of @leafveinsEco Enthusiast + Imperfect Environmentalist and Restoration Ecologist.
(Tuesday) 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
2011 East 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814