A Spooktacular Hallows Eve Disco Extravaganza
We get it, you’ve got plenty of options to explore on Halloween Weekend but we are offering an entirely unique experience! Here’s why: 1. It is Donation Based: Maybe the $20+
We get it, you’ve got plenty of options to explore on Halloween Weekend but we are offering an entirely unique experience! Here’s why:
1. It is Donation Based: Maybe the $20+ price tag for everything else is not something that you can manage.
2. It is Consent Centered: Maybe you like to engage in movement and free sensual ecstatic self-expression without the risk of some inebriated creeper ignoring social cues and dancing all up in your personal space.
3. It’s Substance Free: Maybe you’d like to have a good time in a judgement free space without the peer pressure of engaging in mood altering substances. Maybe you are sober. Maybe you just get anxiety in such spaces.
4. It’s a Costume Party! You can Be as Bold, Queer, Curious, Playful, Sexy, Goofy, Scary as you want to be. We unfortunately do not always get such an opportunity!
5. It Follows Ecstatic Dance Style Guidelines:
* BE PRESENT. (It is our gentle suggestion but not a strict requirement that you use No Phones or Cameras.)
* BE EMBODIED. No Excessive Talking. (We gently suggest that you step outside to have conversations and not talk over the music and distract from others embodiment explorations. Vocalizations should be limited to laughter and random shouts of joy.)
* BE CLEAR. NO INTOXICANTS. (A Reishi Mushroom Cacao will be on tap, this is all the substance you need)
* BE CONSENSUAL. LISTEN FOR A YES. RESPECT A NO.
* BE FREE. DANCE HOW YOU WANT. NO JUDGEMENT. When we step on the dance floor, we include our whole selves, even the frightened parts that want to hide.
How will the night unfold?
We will begin with about 10-15 minutes of guided movement (inspired by the 5 rhythms): movement prompts meant to loosen you up and help you explore different modes of embodiment.
From there we will move into free dance.
Towards the end we will have a Costume Dance Off Contest where the winner will receive a raffle prize provided by @rahmablends
We will close out the final 10 minutes of the night with grounding ambient music and a collective affirmation
(Sunday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
2011 East 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814